Salesforce Package 1.10
Release Date: 01/15/2022
In addition adding several new features and fixing bugs from version 1.9.1, we also completed some significant application code refactors that have increased overall performance of the application. Here's a summary of the updates for version 1.10.
Features and Updates
Setup & Configuration
- Removed the Home tab
- Added descriptions throughout the app to more clearly describe how the app works
- Added a master on/off switch to the application so you can quickly turn off all data syncing without changing any workflows or mappings
- Added a read-only Integration ID field on the Configuration tab to show which Boomtown integration you are connected to. This is helpful during troubleshooting or when changing environments.
- Add the ability to stop an initial Sync once it is in progress.
- Added the ability for users to delete mapped custom fields on the Mappings tab
- Updated the default mappings to simplify the initial setup and configuration
- Updated field labels from Issues to Cases on the mappings tab to reflect the latest Boomtown product language
- Added a Save Mappings button on the Mappings tab to be more consistent with the rest of the tabs that have save buttons instead of auto save
- Updated the Sync Direction dropdown to a disabled state on the Mappings tab where there is no Salesforce field selected
- Added the ability to name Workflows to make it easier to remember what each Workflow does
- Added the Active Boolean to the main Workflows tab so it’s quicker to see if a Workflow is turned on or off
Data Components & Syncing
- Updated the app to automatically sync Contacts on Accounts (if they match the Contact Workflows) when an Account is first synced to Boomtown
- Updated the Troubleshooting Steps and Resolution Notes fields to be Text Long fields instead of Text fields so that we can pass more than 256 characters from Boomtown to Salesforce in these fields
- Updated the Boomtown ID fields in Salesforce to not be unique in order to allow Salesforce to have duplicate Account data without throwing errors
- Updated the application timeout limit from 10 seconds to 28 seconds to prevent any possible timeouts on data syncs
- Added several performance updates across all parts of the application to significantly reduce processing time and speed up the data sync process
- Fixed a bug when a Case moved from one customer to another in Boomtown it didn’t always update to the correct Customer in Salesforce
- Fixed a bug preventing Date Fields from being mapped from Boomtown to Salesforce
- Fixed a bug where Accounts wouldn’t get synced from Salesforce to Boomtown when a non-mapped field was the trigger that executed the workflow rule.
- Fixed a bug that prevented our app from working in debug mode
- Fixed a bug where the Boomtown Case URL field was only showing the Case ID and not the full clickable URL
- Fixed a bug where having two parenthesis in the Filter Logic field on a Workflow would cause an error. You can now use nested logic. For example, (1 AND (2 OR 3)).
- Fixed a bug where the data from the Boomtown Product field would only display a single product in Salesforce rather than the full list of related Products
- Fixed a bug where updating records in Salesforce before adding the details on the Configuration tab would cause errors in Salesforce
- Fixed a bug where having a field on the Mappings tab that had a sync direction set but no field mapping would cause a nullPointException error
- Fixed a bug where the Salesforce ID was not always being saved to Cases in Boomtown when the Case originated from Boomtown
- Fixed a bug where adding a new custom field mapping didn’t save the field on the mappings tab and the user had to select the field twice
- Fixed a bug where Case Notes from Boomtown would not always get appended as Case Comments in Salesforce
- Fixed several performance-related errors including SOQL errors, maximum stack depth, chunking errors, and CPU errors